Jonny was in England for almost a week and everybody was asking me why I didn't go too if the hotel and food were already paid for. I explained many times that I was saving for house improvements and to pay off a credit card. I looked up plane tickets on Monday again out of curiousity. I had looked last month and they seemed too expensive then but this time I found an ad for round trip tickets for $650 which made me think twice about joining him. Jonny encouraged me to come. The internet ad was all bait and no real deal. As I started looking into it seriously, I was appalled that despite the tickets being $650, the taxes and extra fees put the pricetag back up over a $1000. Jonny received a $450 voucher last time he traveled and was bumped. I could only use it though if I booked directly through US Airways which was a little more expensive. So the end of an unnecessarily long story is I got myself a ticket to London for $791.02. Jonny's per diem for food is generous enough to cover us both so what do you think about a one week trip to Great Britain (air fare, hotel, and food) for $800?!
The next series of hurdles was making childcare arrangments for all the children and animals. I just prayed that if it was good for me to go (and I told God that I really wanted to go!) that everything would fall into place and that otherwise it wouldn't. I am so grateful that everything fell into place. I felt good about the arrangements. The mother of Jay's good friend pleaded to have Jay stay with them for the week even though I had another arrangement in place. I told Jay that was a good compliment to him that he was in such demand. So Jay will be with his friend Nathan for the week. Nikki and Britton will stay home to care for the animals and a young, single, returned missionary, wonderful sister in our ward will take care of them. She works as an accountant and this is tax season but they'll walk to a friend's house after school and she will pick them up after work, take Britton to soccer practice, braid Nikki's hair in the morning, feed them etc. She was very excited about it. Joshua and Darren went to our friends Brian and Amber's house. Brian and Amber have goats including about 6 newborn baby goats and dozens of chickens, and kids near their age to play with. Josh was excited about the arrangement. So I made arrangements to notarize temporary guardianship papers, folded a ton of laundry, packed, and went shopping for a warm enough coat which is a challenge to find in Arizona more than halfway through the winter season.
It all fell into place and off I went to England to join Jonny. I thanked Heavenly Father every day that I was there. It was a wonderful trip!
No comments:
Post a Comment