"Prepare Every Needful Thing"

For 2013, we chose the scripture in D&C 88:119 as our annual theme: "Organize yourselves; prepare every needful thing; and establish a house, even a house of prayer, a house of fasting, a house of faith, a house of learning, a house of glory, a house of order, a house of God; That your incomings may be in the name of the Lord; that your outgoings may be in the name of the Lord..."

What does it take to build such a house?! We're going to work hard to find out this year.

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

A-team, Queen, and He-man

Lately, my kids have been continually humming/singing the theme to A-team and We will rock you by Queen. It's especially funny to me to hear little Josh singing, "We will, we will wok yoooooooo." Josh has also been running around with his two fists on top of each other (like he's holding the handle of the sword) and yelling something near to "I have the power!!!" like He-man. We had to introduce our kids to the He-man cartoons so they would know why we eat "He-man" breakfast every Sunday. Jonny continues to make He-man breakfast every Sunday morning. It's a wonderful tradition. Jonny's version of He-man breakfast is diced potatoes, onions, sausage or bacon, eggs, and cheese with Tapatio sauce and ketchup; not nearly as exciting or variable as his dad's He-man breakfast which is whatever is leftover in the fridge scrambled with eggs.

It is almost Britton's 5th birthday which means I will be planning a birthday party. I have opted to throw birthday parties only on all the ALMOST years because those are the years when you ALMOST get new privileges. Like age 5 before you start school, 7 because you're almost old enough to be baptized, 11 because you're almost out of primary, 13 because you can almost attend the dances, 15 because you can almost date, and 17 because you're almost an adult. Britton wants a super-hero party. I've been studying He-mans costume wondering if I can duplicate it.

The kids are growing so fast. Darren started walking this last week. Time sure flies.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Mmmmmm I got to sample Jonny's He-Man breakfast and it was delicious.