"Prepare Every Needful Thing"
For 2013, we chose the scripture in D&C 88:119 as our annual theme: "Organize yourselves; prepare every needful thing; and establish a house, even a house of prayer, a house of fasting, a house of faith, a house of learning, a house of glory, a house of order, a house of God; That your incomings may be in the name of the Lord; that your outgoings may be in the name of the Lord..."
What does it take to build such a house?! We're going to work hard to find out this year.
Sunday, November 27, 2011
Christi's 33rd Birthday
We had a great Thanksgiving weekend with my birthday tacked on the end and I really didn't want it to compete with Thanksgiving so I pretty much ignored my birthday. Jonny slipped me a card early in the morning, I had already gotten myself a nice electric turkey roaster and a few new shirts the week before. I received some cards, gifts, and cookies from various friends, and a phone call from my dad first thing in the morning that set me in a weepy happy mood the rest of Sunday. I figured it was the phone call, the winding down of a long busy weekend, and of course hormones. We had eaten a meal of ham, potatoes, and stuffing for Sunday supper after church then the rest of our company left for their homes. My birthday cake was my glass trifle bowl filled with miniature chocolate candy bars and chocolate kisses with candles sitting on top of the lid. (I always like to have a bit of chocolate on hand for hard days.) My brother, Eric, called me for my birthday and was speaking French when I answered the phone. I hadn't been paying close enough attention and told him "wrong number" because I thought he was one of the many spanish-speaking wrong numbers that frequently call. I enjoyed talking with him. It was a nice way to end the day and head for bed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment