
We made it through Halloween. We didn't start thinking about costumes until the day of our Ward party (Friday). We pulled out the box of costumes and rummaged around. Jonny was Goliath (costume leftover from Primary Activity Day) and Britton was David. Jay was a ninja dressed in his old gee. Nikki was Queen Esther in keeping with the Old Testament Theme. Josh chose the dragon costume which has been a longtime favorite probably to be worn by every boy child in our family at least once. Darren was cookie monster.
Our ward separated from the other wards this year and held our own Halloween Carnival inside the cultural hall of our building. There was an awesome Mexican food potluck and plenty of fun activities. Afterward we Trunk-or-Treated in the parking lot. My kids brought home far more candy than necessary and I haven't found an opportunity or nice way to dispose of it. I saw that Darren had green goo leftover from Laffy Taffy coating his teeth. He fell asleep that way before I had a chance to brush his teeth and I was too exhausted to wake him up. I had nightmares about cavities that night.
I helped a friend decorate cakes. Mine is the one on the left. I tried later to make one on my own but couldn't get the frosting anywhere near that shade of orange.
No comments:
Post a Comment