

I was very impressed with Britton's drawing. He is 5 years old. The creature in the bottom left is Josh wearing a bear costume. Britton and Daddy are sword fighting. Britton also has a gun in his hand probably because Jonny has recently developed an interest in shooting sports. Jay, Nikki, and Darren are the three stick figures at the top.
Josh brought it to me and was telling me all about it so I assumed it was his and was VERY impressed. After Josh explained the picture, I asked "Where am I?" "I'm sorry I not draw you Mommy." "How come you didn't draw me?" "I forgot...I will draw you in a pokemon costume. Its name is Gop-in. He is purple and says hooloo appa... He is awesome!" He scribbled me in later but I have no distinguishable body parts. I didn't catch on until the next day that Josh was saying it was his picture because Britton gave it to him.
In the trees, Britton drew acorns and a very cute squirrel. I was pretty sure that's what they were but I didn't know that he knew what an acorn was. I thought that he used a good amount of detail for his age. The swords are pointy-tipped and have beveled edges. On the back side of the paper, he drew dinosaurs.
Now that Britton is learning to read and write in Kindergarten, I'm almost always running low on paper because he is constantly drawing pictures and writing love notes to his teacher.
No comments:
Post a Comment