I have a wonderful neighbor named Mona Nelson that every now and then drops off cookies or vegetables. We can count on seeing her every holiday or change in the season with a plate of goodies. She is a good Christian woman about my mother's age with grown children and grandchildren. I think we really finalized our friendship the day that I went to her house thinking she was out of town because her car hadn't moved in days and she had been mentioning a Women's Retreat that she was going to attend. I went for the purpose of pulling all of her weeds. She came out shortly after I had gotten started to ask me what I was doing. I replied "Service. I thought you were gone on your retreat!" It's so nice to have a neighbor to exchange friendly greetings with. The other day, Mona dropped off a dish of Crock Pot Corn. It was sooooo delicious that it also needs to included in my blog (that will eventually be a printed book). I'll think of her every time I make it.
Crock Pot Corn
1/2 cup butter
8 oz. cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup sugar
4 cans whole kernal corn, well-drained
salt and pepper to taste
Place all ingredients in crock pot on low. Stir once or twice. Cook 4 hours.
1 comment:
Now I am hungry. Hope your weeks of work are going well.
Post a Comment