"Prepare Every Needful Thing"

For 2013, we chose the scripture in D&C 88:119 as our annual theme: "Organize yourselves; prepare every needful thing; and establish a house, even a house of prayer, a house of fasting, a house of faith, a house of learning, a house of glory, a house of order, a house of God; That your incomings may be in the name of the Lord; that your outgoings may be in the name of the Lord..."

What does it take to build such a house?! We're going to work hard to find out this year.

Friday, December 31, 2010

Christi makes her 1st Honey Pie

Honey Pie is a tradition in the Clark Family. It's one of the things that Jonny misses most from his parents' house on certain holidays like Christmas and Thanksgiving. I think you must have an acquired taste for it. I have been promising to make it for a month now. Christmas flew by and now I'm on a deadline to have it made for New Years.

Honey Pie

1 cup cranberries
1 cup raisins
1 cup heavy cream
1 cup sugar

Combine sugar and cream until dissolved. Place cranberries and raisins into crust. Pour sugar and cream over fruit. Place lattice crust on top. Bake at 425 for 15 minutes then at 325 for about 45 minutes. Watch for the pie to bubble slightly then remove and cool on a rack. Serve with whipped topping.

It turned out perfectly "just like Mom's". I made two pies and added a variety of nuts to one of them. I liked the nuttier pie. In the future, I may leave raisins out of one pie and just double the cranberries so that my kids will consider trying it.

No comments: