




Britton turned 5 on March 2nd. To celebrate, I took him to Applebee's on March 1st because March 2nd was just too busy. In conversation with the waitress, I mentioned while Britton wasn't paying attention that we were there to celebrate his birthday. A while later, the clapping procession came with a hot fudge sundae and their boisterous singing of Happy Happy Birthday. As soon as they were done, Britton says, "It's not my birthday!". To which I quickly clarified that his birthday was the next day. There was a little moment of awkwardness.
On his birthday, we brought Spiderman cupcakes and our box of costumes full of various super-hero capes to the park and met with friends. We made foam masks and they ran around with their capes using their invisible powers. It was great fun.
Britton then went and picked out a couple new lego sets and built them together with Jay. He also learned how to ride a bike without training wheels. He had been practicing at Johnell's house and they surprised me one day as I came to pick him and the other kids up after work.
1 comment:
That would be quite awkward at a restaurant. I love the superhero idea.
Post a Comment