Our family had the great pleasure of Aunt Eva, Caleb, & Quinton coming for a short visit to Yuma. Eva gave us a bread-making demonstration as well as a BBQ lesson. The bread was so delicious that 2 days and 4 loaves later, we're all out. So I'm baking bread again today hoping that I was a good student. We shall see...it's still rising. I'm trying to blog (this is for you mom) while waiting EVER so patiently for delicious bread.
Jay and Nikki started back to school today. I had high hopes of turning over a new leaf and having everyone dressed, fed, and to school on time with teeth brushed. Then I was going to have dishes and laundry done before noon and nap time. Suffice it to say...the kids were late to school and although dishes are pretty much done...laundry will never be done.
I am actually grateful for our dog, Soledad today. I handed a bowl of spaghetti with corn and green beans to Darren in his high chair trying to keep him happy while I worked on bread, dishes and this blog. I don't know what I was thinking...I wasn't thinking. He had lots of fun playing with it and seeing how far he could fling it. Sole is cleaning it up for me now and doing a thorough job. There's almost no evidence left except for green beans (not her favorite). The floor has been mopped by our dog. One less thing to do today...just kidding.
Eva's Bread Recipe: (In case I lose the paper which is entirely likely...she has it posted on her blog too.)
2 cups warm water
1-1/2 T. yeast
1/4 c. sugar
1/4 c. powdered milk
2 T. oil or butter
2 t. salt
4-5 c. flour
Bake 20 minutes at 350 (You have to watch Eva to pick up the other details...it includes burping and spanking.)
No comments:
Post a Comment