"Prepare Every Needful Thing"
For 2013, we chose the scripture in D&C 88:119 as our annual theme: "Organize yourselves; prepare every needful thing; and establish a house, even a house of prayer, a house of fasting, a house of faith, a house of learning, a house of glory, a house of order, a house of God; That your incomings may be in the name of the Lord; that your outgoings may be in the name of the Lord..."
What does it take to build such a house?! We're going to work hard to find out this year.
Saturday, January 16, 2010
Nikki the Nurse
Tuesday night at around 8pm as I was driving kids home from Cub Scouts and Achievment Days, I became suddenly very ill. I had a pain in my right lower abdomen...throughout the day it had just been nagging and uncomfortable but now I had to focus on my breathing just to walk myself from the car to the house. Jonny had been unexpectedly detained at work. I forced myself into a shower (boiling hot) because I'd already missed a day of showering and it had been a very full day at that. I wanted to be fresh if I had to head to the ER. Then I crawled into bed and cranked up the heated blanket to its highest setting and left the run of the house to Nikki. She changed diapers, fed whoever was hungry including a bottle for the baby, and came and spoke very sympathetically to me. She brought me the thermometer...no fever...not even with the blanket heat cranked up...so it's not my appendix. Jay even caught on and asked what he could do. He brought me Ibuprofen and water then gave me a foot rub. The next day, Nikki was again so helpful that I slipped her $3.00 for being such a good babysitter. I love my kids.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment